Wednesday, August 13, 2014

dabbles & splatters

A few days back, I went to the bookstore. Stepping inside, I was met with a warm rusty smell of paper. As I walked further, I could faintly smell freshly ground roasted coffee beans and heard busy rustling sounds of book customers. What a feeling. A bookstore must be the only indoor place that can give you the same warm feeling as being with nature.

A few days back, I also tried digitally painting. This is what I came up with:

It's fascinating how art can be created literally with anything or with nothing at all. The tools are all in your mind, and your mind is limitless in its creativity. I giggled to myself, if only I could sell my drawings! But I can't stand the thought of my work being judged. Drawing isn't just my hobby, it's a passion and it's very personal. It marks the horizons at which my thoughts are.

I stared around the bookstore, walking around and reading excerpts of the best sellers out in the front... my mind went into a frenzy of thoughts! I transported to another universe, full of different stories, of damsels and knights, of dragons and children, of science and magic, all floating around in space, waiting to meet, to be written, completed, and shared. I couldn't contain my excitement! I had no idea where to begin, no pencil and paper to scratch my ideas onto! Time just wasn't on my side - soon enough it was time to go home. Driving back, firey sparks of ideas still contained my thoughts, but dwindled into sparkling mists as I curled up in bed to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment